Our bright and modern office is well located near the station in Bath, with a pool table, fresh fruit and good coffee for you to enjoy. Package includes share options, a company bonus plan, gym membership reimbursement and private health insurance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Flexible working options are available.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun and friendly team with an exciting future.
The role of Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer is to provide exceptional technical support to our internal & external customers.
You will be an escalation point for our Tier 1 Service Desk who triage all technical support requests from our partners. This involves alignment to specific, high priority customers, involving high levels of customer interaction via multiple support channels, along with a necessity for great levels of product and networking knowledge. You will also provide training, documentation and FAQ guides for internal and external users.
As a Tier 2 engineer, you will also be responsible for carrying out user acceptance tests on new product releases. You will use your product and technical knowledge to carry out defined tests on the software to ensure our high-quality standards are met.
The ideal candidate will be technically minded and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
An ability to work to flexible deadlines on sensitive customer issues is essential.
- Tier 2 Incident Management. Technical issue analysis, troubleshooting and consultation
- Replication of product issues/bugs, escalation & resolution to engineering team
- Customer ticket management and escalation
- Manage customer expectations in line with contractual service level agreements
- User Acceptance Testing for new product releases
- Technical consultation, support and training to Service Desk T1 engineers
- Product training to internal and external customers
- Problem Management of high impacting and/or repeat incidents
- Supporting with customer product deployment activities/issues
- Management of the Tier2 Incident Management framework & Knowledgebase
- Keen interest in Information Technology.
- ITIL awareness Incident / Problem and Change Management
- 3-5 years of working experience in networking/software related field
- Understanding the fundamentals of the OSI 7-layer model
- Proactive approach to customer service
- Strong communication skills (customer and internal)
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work on-call (weekends and evenings)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering or related field
- ITIL qualified.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, Linux or Mac OS troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge of Networking protocols
- Knowledge of programming fundamentals.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Permanent role within an exciting technology services company.
- Full training provided as well as continued development of employees’ IT skillset.
- Employee benefits package, including subsidised gym membership.
This vacancy does not require assistance from recruitment agencies
Recruitment Privacy Notice
Actual Experience plc will collect your personal information for the purpose of the recruitment process, to evaluate your skills and suitability for the role you applied for, and to make any necessary adjustments where applicable. We will only use the information you provide to us, directly or indirectly, as part of your job application. Your personal information will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If your application is successful and we decide to offer you a position with us, we will save the information we have collected about you during the recruitment process onto our internal company systems. We will also share some of your personal information with third parties to carry out a background check, including a criminal convictions check, obtain references from previous employers and to register you with our employee benefits provider.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your personal information for 12 months, so that we can contact you about openings you might be interested in, and to comply with any legal obligations we are subject to.
When you have any questions, or would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please contact Actual Experience directly.
By submitting your application, you confirm you have read and understood this Recruitment Privacy Notice.